Cambridgeshire is rich in history and culture and is a very popular county attracting visitors from around the world.
With lush countryside, market towns and the famous Cambridge University, there is plenty to see and do throughout the county.
You can visit the magnificent Ely Cathedral, see the stunning city of Cambridge from the water on a popular punting boat tour or simply enjoy a picnic in the park.
Discover Historic Cambridgeshire on a Hot Tub Holiday
Cambridgeshire offers so much for tourists to see and do. Whether you want to go on guided tours to get access to the University of Cambridge colleges, see the stunning architecture from the water on a punting tour or prefer to stay at your own pace, Cambridgeshire has something for everyone.
You could also enjoy a day at the races in the town of Newmarket or visit Clip ‘n’ Climb and Hamerton Zoo Park which are fun activities for the whole family.
Head Fen Country Retreat is located in Ely, Cambridgeshire and provides the perfect base for exploring this beautiful county and the surrounding area of East Anglia. Ideal for countryside lovers, this country retreat offers a peaceful countryside park setting. Overlooking a large lake and surrounding countryside, this is the perfect way to relax and unwind.
Plus, lodges have private hot tubs where you can soak up the bubbles and view of the fens.
The collection of wooden lodges are fully-equipped with everything that you will need for a stress-free break in Cambridgeshire. A number of these stunning, luxurious and modern lodges are also dog-friendly so you can bring your four-legged friend along too.
Cambridgeshire Countryside Location
Located in the stunning Cambridgeshire countryside, the Old Nene Golf and Country Club is perfect for a rural short break.
This collection of lodges provides the ideal base for exploring the surrounding area of Cambridgeshire. The country club is also great for guests wanting to stay on-site, in their lodge to make the most of the 9-hole course and clubhouse. There are several modern lodges with hot tubs on-site, sleeping 2 to 4 guests, perfect for small families, a group of friends or a couple.
Spend your day exploring the surrounding area, and visiting the cities of Peterborough and Ely before retreating to your lodge for a relaxing evening soaking in the hot tub and enjoying the countryside views.
So, whether you’re planning an action-packed holiday or a relaxing break in Cambridgeshire, the Old Nene Golf and Country Club is a great choice.
Modern Lodges with Hot Tubs
Rosewood Stud Park is a stunning countryside park offering guests a chance to relax and unwind in beautiful settings.
The excellent location provides guests with a peaceful location whilst still being located close enough to the nearby town of Newmarket for horse racing and the city of Ely to explore.
All lodges on site are luxurious, modern and fully-equipped providing the perfect holiday home away from home for you to feel comfortable and make memories with loved ones.
Lodges provide guests modern furnishings, decking area to enjoy lake views with their morning coffee or al-fresco dinner and a private hot tub to soak under the stars after a busy day of exploring.
Top 5 Things to do in Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire is a stunning county in the East of England. Famous for its University amongst other things, the county has several beautiful cities, historic towns and rural countryside to explore.
1. The University of Cambridge is one of the most famous universities in the world. Made up of medieval colleges dating back to 1209, the University campus is popular with tourists from around the world. Walkthrough the historical buildings including towering gothic chapels and 16-century gates and visit the university museums.
2. A trip to the city of Cambridge wouldn’t be the same without a punting tour. Famous in the city, a punting boat is a square-shaped flat bottomed boat designed for small rivers. The punter pushes the large pole against the river bed to move the boat. Cambridge has lots of punting tours available where you can enjoy a short boat ride, guided tour or boat rental.
3. Visit Ely Cathedral when you’re in Cambridgeshire. Dating back to 1083, guests can admire the beauty of this historic building in the city of Ely. Visit for a self-guided tour, guided tour or special event that are held all year round.
4. Located in central Cambridge, the Fitzwilliam Museum is a great place to visit on your break in Cambridgeshire. Explore the exhibits and displays and see collections of some of the best antiques and modern art from Europe.
5. Perfect for the whole family, Nene Valley Railway is a fun day out. Step back in time and onboard a steam or diesel train. As well as enjoying a train ride, there are plenty of attractions on-site including a play area and a picnic area. Spend your day exploring what each station has to offer and look out for Thomas the Tank Engine, the little one’s favourite!