As a landlocked county in the heart of England, Leicestershire is a lovely place for your next UK holiday. The county has several former mining towns, quaint villages, major cities and beautiful scenery for you to explore. Home of the pork pie and stilton cheese; Leicestershire makes for an ideal hot tub break for foodies.
Some Sights To Temp You Away From Your Hot Tub
When on holiday in Leicestershire, a trip to the city of Leicester and the town of Loughborough are always fun. In Leicester, you can visit the Leicester Cathedral, Abbey Park and the National Space Centre. Loughborough, a large town in Leicestershire is home to the UK’s only mainline heritage railway and is close to Beacon Hill Country Park where you walk, climb and enjoy stunning panoramic views across the county.
Melton Mowbray is also a good place to visit on your holiday in Leicester. Home of the pork pie, the quaint market town has plenty of foodie events throughout the year as well as a castle, unique shops, cafes and pubs for you to enjoy.
From short weekend breaks to action-packed holidays, Leicestershire is a fantastic UK holiday destination. With plenty to see and do throughout the county and lots of lush scenery, this county is a great place for the whole family, including the dog! Booking a cottage or lodge will provide a good base for exploring the local area as well as giving guests a comfortable place to relax together.
Top Attractions To Visit on your Getaway to Leicestershire
Whether you’re packing up and heading off for a weekend break, a romantic lodge break for two, or something special for the family, there’s an awesome array of things to do on your break, for any age group. Here’s some more good reasons to book a cabin break in Leicestershire.
- The National Space Centre is an absolute huge exhibition on, you guessed it, all things to do with space and space. Travel up a 42 metre high rocket tower and blast off into space in the space theatre.
- go bonkers at Conkers – Another brilliant family or couple day out is Conkers. There’s loads to do including woodside walks, a train, and adventure play parks that children will absolutely love. There’s also plenty of indoor fun if it’s raining (which never happens, of course…)
- Twycross Zoo is one of the best zoos in the UK and has the kinds of animals you’d normally find in more far flung locations. From Rhino’s to Tigers, and everything in between. This conservation-friendly zoo is well worth a trip for families and couples. Spend the day there – there’s a lot to get through. Or go for one of their Safari Sleepovers. Just don’t sneak any penguis back to your Jacuuzi. It’s sort of against the rules.
- A popular stop off for anyone with kids is definitely TwinLakes park. There’s events all year round at this theme park / farm with rides, roller coasters, log flume and loads more. Try your hand at some escape games!
- Great Central railways – Britain’s only double track main line steam railways, no less – offers a more sedate trip away from your log cabin. Soak in some retro transport vibes and enjoy a relaxing trip starting atLoughborough station. You’ll see gorgeous trains waiting here from a bygone era.
Leicester Lodge and Cottage Holidays
If you’re looking for a beautiful cottage suitable for your family and dog, 4 Mill Close is a wonderful choice. Located in the quaint village of Smeeton Westerby, this is perfect for families or friends.
With an open-plan living area, guests can cook, eat and relax together. There are also large folding doors that open out to a lovely garden with patio and garden furniture, perfect for the summer months and letting your dog run.