Nottinghamshire getaways: Lodges, rich folklore, stunning vistas … and tons to do
Head out on your own woodland adventure in Nottinghamshire, for a holiday full of beautiful landscapes, rich folklore, and heaps to discover.
This county is jam-packed with popular tourist attractions, from quaint market towns to the thriving city of Nottingham, with plenty of history, heritage, tours and trails to keep your holiday schedule full!
A Lodge Break is The Ideal Way To Discover the Heart of Nottinghamshire
Book a hot tub lodge and explore Sherwood forest
The county is arguably most renowned for the spectacular Sherwood Forest, a sprawling stretch of woodland, wildlife, and natural beauty – and of course, the home of the iconic Robin Hood!
Take a trek on the Robin Hood Way, which reaches all the way from Nottingham Castle to the forest. Be sure to keep an eye out for the variety of landmarks associated with the folklore of Robin and his troupe of Merry Men.
Up for some action on your lodge break?
Why not have a go at the Sherwood Pines Mountain Bike Cycle Trails for a whizzing woodland adventure! The annual Robin Hood Festival is close by our lodge breaks and also a must-see, with a week of live re-enactments, storytelling, sword-fighting and adventure – perfect entertainment for the whole family!
Dive into Nottingham Culture
Take a break from that hot tub and a short distance away, on the north bank of the River Trent, you’ll find the county town of Nottingham. This bustling city has tons of cultural sites, fascinating museums and galleries, and bars and eateries to keep you fed and watered as you explore the wonders of this historic city.
From medieval castles to fantastic restaurants and bars
Discover its medieval history at Nottingham Castle, with acres of Victorian gardens and a themed play area for the little ones. Just below the castle, you will see the stunning Mortimer’s Hole, one of more than 450 caves that exist in the sandstone of Nottingham’s hills as part of the spectacular City of Caves.
Feeling brave? Head underground in Nottingham
For something a little different, why not try Nottingham’s cave themed escape room? Cave Escape offers an immersive underground experience, built into the sprawling sandstone cave system hidden beneath the streets. Will you beat the cryptic clues and make your escape in time?
Recommended Lodges with Hot Tubs in Nottinghamshire
Beautiful cabins tucked away in historic woodlands
There are so many options for accommodation in Nottinghamshire – you’ll certainly be spoilt for choice! Hidden deep in the Sherwood Forest itself, The Sherwood Hideaway Lodges with hot tubs offer luxury holiday homes in the midst of wooded wonderlands. The site has a selection of amenities, including an indoor heated pool, gym, sauna and steam room for pure rejuvenation.
Refresh yourself with fantastic food and drinks at the relaxed Bay Tree Café.
The Redbrick Woodland Lodges offer beautifully presented lodges with spacious interiors and private outdoor hot tubs. Each home is distinctively designed and perfectly secluded on the grounds of a historic nineteenth century stately home, looking out onto a stunning private lake.
Best days out in Nottinghamshire near your lodge
Venture away from your hot tub and you’ll find some amazing days out
- History and heritage lovers – be sure to take a day trip to Wollaton Hall, a Grade One listed building set in five hundred acres of parkland with its very own botanical garden. This Elizabethan Mansion houses both Nottingham’s Natural History Museum and Nottingham’s Industrial Museum, for a fun-filled day of discovery with daily tours detailing Wollaton’s fascinating history.
- For the wildlife lovers, take a break from your lodge with it’s hot tub and take a tour along the riverside with a cruise down the River Trent,
- or head to the Attenborough Nature Reserve, full of winding trails and interesting habitats, for a relaxing walk into the wonders of Nottinghamshire’s natural beauty. The county also has tons of options for
- family-friendly fun: head to Sundown Adventureland in Rampton, Retford, with rides, various themed play areas, and a Storybook Village.
More links and resources finding stuff to do on your hot tub lodge break
- The Nottinghamshire national trust website has a good map listing the places you can visit. Even better if you’re a member, as they’ll be free for you.
- More ideas on what to do when you’re not soaking it up in your hot tub, check out Visit Nottinghamshire for some great ideas.
- Trip Advisor has a whopping list of things that aren’t far from your hot tub lodge on their website, broken down into galleries, museums and many more.
- If you want a super-quick Top 12 ideas of places to explore close to your lodge,check out PlanetWare’s list.
- If you want to save cash on your visits, and help a good cause, the National Trust membership is always a good buy.