Heart of England
South of England
Whether you want to relax and unwind whilst enjoying the views, or plan to go on long walks and visit a handful of attractions, Somerset is an excellent choice for a hot tub break.
Henfield’s Country Retreat is a superb countryside retreat and perfect for couples or friends wanting a peaceful weekend away.
The retreat offers a collection of luxurious lodges that sleep 2 to 4 guests and boast modern and luxurious furnishings throughout and outdoor hot tubs. The Fox Run Lodge is also pet-friendly so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home.
With everything you need, these lodges will be the perfect home away from home and provide the chance for you to relax and unwind in the rural countryside. The lodge park is located at the foot of Quantock Hills and provides a beautiful view of Mendips and Somerset levels. It is just a short walk to the nearby village of Cannington and offers plenty of things to see and do in the countryside and the surrounding areas.
If you’re after a luxurious 5-star holiday resorted in the countryside, the Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa is for you. Located in the beautiful Mendip Hills, the Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa is a premium holiday destination and perfect for couples, friends and families. Make a big splash in your own private jacuzzi!
The resort has an excellent collection of signature lodges that provide guests with the perfect base for exploring the surrounding countryside, the town of Cheddar and popular Somerset attractions.
Suitable for the whole family, the lodge park has an indoor swimming pool, bowling alley and adventure playground for the little ones as well as a spa and restaurant. Lodges sleep 4 to 6 guests and all offer modern and luxurious furnishings including fully-equipped kitchens for home cooking and private hot tubs for the ultimate relaxation.
New Oaks Farm Lodges give you the chance to step away from your busy life and relax in the countryside. Breath in the fresh air and soak up the views from your patio, hot tub or bed by staying at one of the lodges on site here. The lodges are located on a working farm, surrounded by rolling hills and unspoilt countryside and is only a 20-minute drive to Glastonbury.
Ideal for a peaceful break with loved ones, the New Oaks Farm Lodges are popular all year round.
The lodges can sleep 2 to 4 guests and all have modern furnishings, open plan living, dining and kitchen space and outdoor patio with table and chairs, and a hot tub.
Enjoy your morning coffee on the patio soaking up the view and spend an evening relaxing in the hot tub after a long day of exploring.
Somerset has plenty of attractions for everyone to enjoy. Brean Leisure Park, Cheddar Gorge and Caves, Longleat Safari Park and Thermae Bath Spa are all fun activities that you can do when you’re visiting Somerset.
With something to suit visitors of all ages and interests, Somerset is a great holiday destination for families, friends and couples.
Somerset is a shire county in the Southwest of England. Offering stunning coastline and rural countryside, you won’t be short of fun things to do during your holiday.
Visit the famous town of Glastonbury, enjoy local cider and cheese and enjoy long walks through Exmoor National Park. Visit at any time of the year and enjoy some of the best natural landmarks and attractions.
1. A limestone gorge in the Mendip Hills, Cheddar Gorge is a must-see natural landmark in Somerset. For those who love the outdoors and exploring, Cheddar Gorge is a great chance to discover the best of Somerset. Explore the caves, pick up map, souvenir or dinner at the visitor centre and visit the village of cheddar which is where cheddar cheese first originated!
2. Whilst in Somerset, take a trip to the Glastonbury Tor. A fascinating place to visit, you can climb to the top of the hill for stunning views of the countryside and see St Michael’s Tower. A visit to the Glastonbury Tor is a good end to a walk, a great spot for a picnic or to watch the sun set or rise!
3. For some architectural beauty, Wells Cathedral is a must. Located in the smallest city in England, it is known as the most poetic English Cathedral. The gothic style cathedral is open and free to the public. Visitors can enjoy any of the services as well as free guided tours which are available daily.
4. The Roman Baths are a very popular tourist attraction in the city of Bath. They are one of the must-see things to do in Somerset and one of the finest historic sites in Europe. With entry visitors will get an audio-guide to learn more about the site and history, guided tours are available every two hours, and everyone has the chance to try the spa water at the end of their visit.
5. Explore the great outdoors at Exmoor National Park. The hilly moorland, woodland and valleys is the perfect place to explore when you’re on holiday in Somerset. Whether you plan a long hike, dog walk or drive to soak up the views, the Exmoor National Park is a stunning place to be. After working up an appetite, you can enjoy lunch or dinner at one of the many cafes or pubs throughout the park. Exmoor Park is also excellent for stargazing because of the low levels of light pollution. It became the first designated Dark Sky Reserve in Europe and is still a very popular spot for stargazers.
With a diverse natural setting Somerset is an excellent choice for a relaxing lodge break. The area has everything from stunning countryside to beautiful beaches and there are plenty of things to see and do including horse riding, walking and canoeing.
The city of Bath is well worth a visit for the elegance of its beautiful Georgian architecture and great shopping. Brean Leisure park is also within reach and has over 40 rides and attractions. Adults and children alike will enjoy a visit to Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park which is one of the areas biggest attractions.
Whipcott Water is one of the most luxurious parks available in this region and you have the advantage of being able to explore both Devonshire and Somerset from the base of your luxury private lodge. For days out you will find many charming villages scattered among the countryside surrounding your lodge and of course the famous Chedder Gorge Caves. After a busy day exploring you can return to your own private hot tub. Many of the lodges have a private patio that is a perfect place to relax, especially in the summer.
Exmoor Gate Lodges are another popular choice for those travelling to Somerset. These lodges lie among beautiful natural woodland. If you’re looking for some more modern attractions, the large town of Taunton isn’t far away, whilst there are quieter towns and villages scattered among the surrounding area. There are a variety of different lodges, including the luxurious Withypool Lodge that is perfect for a romantic getaway, with its own private hot tub and gardens.