Heart of England
South of England
Cambridgeshire is rich in history and culture and is a very popular UK county for hot tub lodge and cabin breaks, attracting visitors from around the world.
With lush countryside, market towns and the famous Cambridge University, there is plenty to see and do during your getaway to this county.
A cabin with a private hot tub is the ideal base for exploring places like the magnificent Ely Cathedral, seeing the stunning city of Cambridge from the water on a popular punting boat tour or simply enjoying a picnic in the park.
Located in the stunning Cambridgeshire countryside, the Old Nene Golf and Country Club is perfect for a rural short break.
This collection of cabins provides the ideal base for exploring the surrounding area of Cambridgeshire. The country club is also great for guests wanting to stay on-site, in their lodge to make the most of the 9-hole course and clubhouse.
There are several modern lodges with jacuzzis on-site. Each sleeps 2 to 4 guests – perfect for small families, a group of friends or a couple.
Get away from the hustle and bustle and spend your day exploring the surrounding area, and visiting the cities of Peterborough and Ely. Then retreat to your lodge for a relaxing evening soaking in the hot tub and enjoying the countryside views.
So, whether you’re planning an action-packed holiday or a relaxing break in Cambridgeshire, the Old Nene Golf and Country Club is a great choice.
Rosewood Stud Park is a stunning countryside park offering guests a chance to relax and unwind in beautiful settings.
During your break, you can visit the nearby town of Newmarket, for horse racing and the city of Ely to explore. The setting provides guests with a peaceful, relaxing retreat whilst still having lots of places to visit near your lodge.
All lodges on site are luxurious, modern and fully equipped providing the perfect holiday home away from home for you to feel comfortable and make memories with loved ones.
You can expect modern furnishings, a decking area to enjoy lake views with their morning coffee or al-fresco dinner and a private hot tub to soak under the stars after a busy day of exploring.
Cambridgeshire offers so much for tourists to see and do on a hot tub break here. Whether you want to go on guided tours to get access to the University of Cambridge colleges, see the stunning architecture from the water on a punting tour or prefer to stay at your own pace, there are many things to do other than chilling in your own private hot tub.
Here are some of the highlights families and couples can enjoy on their holiday to this county.
Enjoy a day at the races in the town of Newmarket or visit Clip ‘n’ Climb if your children love a fun challenge.
Hamerton Zoo Park – Offers a budget-friendly day out the whole family can enjoy. With play areas, Mini train service, picnic and gardens and many animals, both alive and Jurassic! Big cats, bears and lots of other beasties to meet and have fun with.
Head Fen Country Retreat – is a self-catering lodge located in Ely, Cambridgeshire and provides the perfect base for exploring this beautiful county and the surrounding area of East Anglia. Ideal for countryside lovers, this luxury country retreat offers a peaceful rural getaway. Overlooking a large lake and surrounding countryside, this holiday let is the perfect way to relax and unwind.
Plus, all chalets have private hot tubs where you can soak up the bubbles and view of the Fens.
The collection of wooden lodge accommodations are fully-equipped with everything that you will need for a stress-free break in Cambridgeshire. A number of these stunning, luxurious and modern lodges are also dog-friendly so you can bring your four-legged friend along too.
If you love to get out and explore, there are some incredible towns you can visit within easy reach of a Cambridge hot tub break. Each offers something unique and the towns here are like something from a post card.
Elsworth – Step back in time to the village of Elsworth, which has been around since the 10th century!
Ely – A beautiful town with a fabulous medieval cathedral.
Godmanchester – Right on the river Ouse, this stunning English town began as a Roman Fort and now includes Huntingdon Old Bridge and is well worth a visit.
Grantchester – On the edge of Cambridge you’ll find the scenic village of Granchester.
Cambridgeshire is a stunning county in the East of England. Famous for its University among other things. The lodges available to rent in this county will let you explore beautiful cities, historic towns and rural countryside.
1. The University of Cambridge – is one of the most famous universities in the world. Made up of medieval colleges dating back to 1209, the University campus is popular with tourists from around the world. Walk through the historical buildings including towering Gothic chapels and 16-century gates and visit the university museums.
2. A trip to the city of Cambridge – wouldn’t be the same without a punting tour. Famous in the city, a punting boat is a square-shaped flat-bottomed boat designed for small rivers. The punter pushes the large pole against the river bed to move the boat. Don’t worry, it’s not as hard as it sounds and the only place you’ll be taking the plunge is back in your hot tub.
Cambridge has lots of punting tours available where you can enjoy a short boat ride, guided tour or boat rental.
3. Visit Ely Cathedral – when you’re in Cambridgeshire. Dating back to 1083, guests can admire the beauty of this historic building in the city of Ely. Visit for a guided tour or a special event – held all year round.
4. Fitzwilliam Museum – Located in central Cambridge, we recommend you check out this museum during your break in Cambridgeshire. Take a break from chilling in your hot tub and explore the exhibits and displays you’ll find here. See collections of some of the best antiques and modern art from Europe.
5. Nene Valley Railway – is a fun day out the family will love. Step back in time and onboard a steam or diesel train. As well as enjoying a train ride, there are plenty of attractions on-site including a play area and a picnic area. Spend your day exploring what each station has to offer and look out for Thomas the Tank Engine, the little one’s favourite! Then head back to your holiday home for some peace and relaxation.
Cambridge is a top choice for a hot tub break for both couples looking for a romantic getaway, and families seeking plenty of awesome days out with things to see and do. And it’s also an ideal holiday spot if you’re looking for a pet-friendly lodge break you can take your four-legged friend along on.
There’s a good mix of beautiful scenery, bustling city life and towns to explore. Whether you’re looking for something relaxing, or action-packed, this is a top destination for cottage breaks in the UK.
What are you waiting for? Book a hot tub lodge in Cambridgeshire today.